002.

Memories are fickle. The older we get, the better our knowledge of the world becomes, the more substantial our cognition becomes. The older we get, the bleaker our perspective is, the more skeptical our intelligence is.

Honestly, it sucks when you can't remember. You're aware of a truth, but you can't quite pinpoint how you arrived at said truth. You can't remember.

Remember. Rememorari.  Re- + Memor.
Call to mind. Mindful.

I am afraid that I cannot remember.
I am ashamed I cannot call to mind.

Yet.

I know.

Know. Gecnāwan. Cnāwan.
Recognize. Identify.

I firmly recognize.
I assuredly identify.

That something happened to me between the years 1993-1996, when I was just 3-6 years old.

I have spent the past 23-26 years of my life repressing the events that occurred.

It is through telling my story that I seek answers, to arrive at some sort of truth or the closet to it.
It is through telling my story that I seek justice for the 3-6 year old me, a protector to that young former self.
It is through telling my story that I seek to provide a safe haven for all those inflicted by the horrors of childhood sexual abuse, to those struggling to find the skills to acknowledge, grieve, and attempt restoration and ultimately healing.

It is through telling my story that I remember. 

A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

009.

005.

To: F.L.